The eye care professionals at Spex Expressions are ready to help you select the perfect style and prescription of sunglasses, one of the most important tools in preserving your vision. Our eye doctors know the risks of not wearing protective eyewear, and that’s why we insist that a complete eye care regiment includes the use of sunglasses that protect against the harmful rays of the sun.
Protect your eyes from damaging UV rays, wear polarized lenses!
The eye doctors at Spex Expressions have years of experience seeing firsthand the damage the suns rays can have on your eyes. UV light increases your risk of cataracts, growths on the eye, and certain types of cancer.
Follow these tips to protect your eyes from the sun all year long:
- Sun damage to eyes can occur anytime during the year, not just in the summertime, so be sure to wear polarized sunglasses and broad-brimmed hats whenever you’re outside.
- Don’t be fooled by clouds: the sun’s rays can pass through haze and thin clouds.
- Never look directly at the sun. Looking directly at the sun at any time, including during an eclipse, can lead to solar retinopathy, which is damage to the eye’s retina from solar radiation.
- Don’t forget the kids and older family members: everyone is at risk, including children and senior citizens. Protect their eyes with hats and sunglasses.
- Don’t forget specialty sports glasses for golf, cycling or whatever keeps you active. We have the frames and lenses to meet your needs.
Brand name eyewear
With over 800 frames in stock, we have one of the largest selections in our area. Some of our current brand name frames include:
|Coach||Costa del Mar||Fysh|
|Gucci||Jonathan Paul||Kate Spade|
|Hugo Boss||Maui Jim||Jimmy Choo|
|Nike Eyewear||Oakley||Ray Ban|
|Spine||Vera Bradley||Christian Dior|